False lashes have the power to transform your eyes, adding allure and drama to any makeup look. Once you've mastered the art of applying false lashes, it's essential to ensure their longevity and keep them looking stunning throughout the day or night. In this blog post, we'll share valuable tips and tricks to help you perfect your false lash application and maintain their beauty for hours on end.
1. Secure the Lash Adhesive:
Properly securing the lash adhesive is crucial for long-lasting wear. Consider the following tips:
- Allow the glue to become tacky: After applying the lash adhesive, wait for it to become slightly tacky before applying the false lashes. This will ensure a stronger bond and prevent the lashes from slipping or lifting.
- Focus on the corners: Pay special attention to the inner and outer corners of the lashes, as they tend to be more prone to lifting. Press them down gently with your fingers or a clean tweezer to ensure a secure hold.
2. Blend the False Lashes with Mascara:
Blending the false lashes with your natural lashes can create a seamless, cohesive look. Follow these steps:
- Apply mascara to your natural lashes: Before applying the false lashes, coat your natural lashes with a thin layer of mascara. This helps blend them with the false lashes and adds extra support to hold the falsies in place.
- Comb through the lashes: Use a clean mascara wand or a lash comb to comb through the false lashes and natural lashes together. This step helps eliminate any clumps and ensures they blend seamlessly.
3. Avoid Excessive Moisture:
Excessive moisture can compromise the adhesive and lead to premature lash detachment. Keep the following tips in mind:
- Be cautious with water and steam: Avoid exposing your lashes to excessive water, steam, or humidity, especially within the first 24 hours of application. This can weaken the lash adhesive and cause the lashes to loosen.
- Remove eye makeup gently: When removing eye makeup, be gentle around the lash area. Use a gentle eye makeup remover and avoid rubbing or pulling on the lashes.
4. Store Your Lashes Properly:
Proper storage helps maintain the shape and integrity of your false lashes. Consider these storage tips:
- Clean the lashes after use: Remove any residual glue or makeup from the lash band after each use. Use a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover or lash adhesive remover to gently clean the band.
- Place the lashes back in the tray: Store your false lashes in their original packaging or a clean lash tray to retain their shape. This protects them from dust, dirt, and potential damage.
- Avoid exposure to heat: Keep your lashes away from direct sunlight or heat sources, as this can alter their shape and compromise their quality.
5. Gentle Removal:
Removing false lashes with care ensures their reusability and minimizes potential damage. Follow these steps:
- Soak a cotton pad: Dampen a cotton pad with an oil-based makeup remover or micellar water.
- Gently press on the lashes: Place the dampened cotton pad on your closed eyelid and press lightly to allow the remover to break down the lash adhesive.
- Slide off the lashes: Once the adhesive has softened, gently slide the false lashes off your natural lashes. Avoid pulling or tugging, as this can damage the false lashes and your natural lashes.
- Clean and store properly: Clean the lashes as mentioned earlier and store them back in their tray or packaging.
Perfecting your false lash application not only ensures stunning lashes but also helps maintain their longevity. By following these tips, you'll achieve a flawless and secure lash look that lasts throughout the day or night. Take care of your false lashes and they shall last you a very long time.